Autumn StewSubmitted by: 1ARTSYCHICK
* 2 cups diced tomatoes, No Salt Added
* 2 cups Butternut Squash cubed (can use other winter squash. Buying already cut up butternut squash from Trader Joes makes this easier)
* 1 cup Vegetable Broth (or water)
* 1 small Onion chopped
* 2 cloves Garlic minced
* 1 15oz can Eden's Canned Kidney Beans (may use another brand but Eden's has no salt added)
* 1.5 cup Yellow Sweet Corn, Frozen (optional)
A bell pepper may be added in the first step.
(I don't like it so I don't put it in)
Heat 1/2 cup vegetable broth (or water) and soy sauce cook onion and garlic until onion is nearly traslucent. Add squash (cut into 1/2" square).
Add to onion mixture along with the chopped tomatoes, remaining broth (or water), oregano, chili powder, cumin, and pepper. Cover and simmer until the squash is just tender when pierced with a fork, and 20 minutes, then add the kidney beans with their liquid and the corn.
Cook 5 minutes longer.
**original recipe found in Eat Right Live Longer, by Neal Barnard.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user 1ARTSYCHICK.