SnickerdoodlesSubmitted by: OWLETT
IntroductionBeautifully soft German cookies Beautifully soft German cookies
1 1/3 c self-raising flour
1/2 c soft maragrine or butter
3/4 c white sugar
1 egg (can just use the white)
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the coating:
1/3 c sugar
2 tsp cinnamon, ground
2. Then add the egg white and beat again. Add the vanilla extract, and beat once more, making sure everything is combined.
3. Sift in the flour and beat until it is all incorporated.
4. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or until you can roll balls of the dough in your hands.
5. Remove from fridge, and preheat your oven to 200 degrees C. With your hands, roll the dough into small balls (about 1.5 centimeters circumfrence or whatever size you prefer).
6. Coat the balls in the coating of sugar and cinnamon, and place on the baking paper on a cooking sheet. Squash the balls down to about 1 cm. I did this using a spatula.
7. Bake in the oven for about 8 minutes, or until the sides start to brown slightly.
8. Let cool, and store in an airtight container. They can be kept up to 2 weeks like this.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user OWLETT.