- Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 271.4
- Total Fat: 2.6 g
- Cholesterol: 97.7 mg
- Sodium: 720.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.4 g
- Protein: 40.1 g
Beka's Grilled Teriyaki ChickenSubmitted by: JCSGRL_69
IntroductionThis is my favorite teriyaki sauce! I like to make half a batch the day before I plan on grilling and marinate the chicken over night. It makes the chicken really tender. This is my favorite teriyaki sauce! I like to make half a batch the day before I plan on grilling and marinate the chicken over night. It makes the chicken really tender.
* 1 tablespoon cornstarch
* 1/4 cup cold water
* 1/4 cup white sugar
* 1/4 cup brown sugar
* 1/2 cup soy sauce(low sodium)
* 1/4 cup cider vinegar
* 1/4 cup fresh pineapple, diced
* 1 clove garlic, minced
* 1 teaspoon ground ginger
* 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
* 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
* 7 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1. In a small saucepan over low heat, combine the cornstarch, cold water, sugars, soy sauce, vinegar, pineapple, garlic, ginger and ground black pepper. Let simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and bubbles. Set half of sauce aside in a bowl.
2. Prepare grill for high heat.
3. Grill chicken approx. 6 to 10 min per side,or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Baste chicken often during cooking with sauce set aside earlier.
4. Top with left over sauce and toasted sesame seeds and serve over rice.
Number of Servings: 7
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JCSGRL_69.