- Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 377.6
- Total Fat: 19.5 g
- Cholesterol: 2.4 mg
- Sodium: 968.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.0 g
- Protein: 25.6 g
The Easiest, Sexiest, Vegetarian Tofu Stir FrySubmitted by: ISLAREINA
IntroductionServed over brown rice, this recipe is very easy and so very delicious! Served over brown rice, this recipe is very easy and so very delicious!
2 cartons firm tofu, cut into cubes
5-7 teaspoons roasted peanut oil
2/3 cup hoisin sauce
2 tblsp soy sauce
1 cup + 2 tbls of your favorite red wine
3 garlic cloves
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 medium green bell pepper
1 medium yellow bell pepper
1 medium red bell pepper
1 cup vegetable stock
1 tblsp black or white sesame seeds
2. With the tofu already drained and cut into cubes, saute in 4 tsps peanut oil.
3. While the tofu is sauteeing, cut up all your veggies, as big or as small as you like, and put aside.
4. Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, 2 tblsps of your red wine, garlic, pepper and the last tsp of peanut oil in a bowl and set aside..
5. Add the veggies to your tofu and keep cooking until the veggies are no longer raw-crisp, the tofu is goldeny brown and the mushrooms have cooked through.
6. Pour in your marinade. Put on medium heat until it starts to bubble, then turn the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes.
7. Serve over steaming brown rice and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ISLAREINA.