- Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 368.7
- Total Fat: 21.1 g
- Cholesterol: 82.4 mg
- Sodium: 152.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 18.8 g
Rotini Alfredo with Vegetables and ChickenSubmitted by: BLUE9217
IntroductionThis is a modified recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. It is made with homemade alfredo sauce. This is a modified recipe from the Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. It is made with homemade alfredo sauce.
12 oz (or 1 box) of rotini pasta
1 medium summer squash (sliced then quartered)
1 sweet red or yellow pepper (chopped)
1 medium bundle of asparagus (cut into small spears)
1 lb of chicken, cut into strips
1 tbsp olive oil
8 Tbsp butter (unsalted)
1 cup light cream
12 Tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tsp garlic powder (or to taste)
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1. Cut all vegetables and place aside
2. Cook chicken in skillet with 1 tbsp of olive oil
3. While chicken is cooking boil water for pasta in a large pot. Make Alfredo Sauce (see below)
4. Cook rotini pasta in boiling water.
5. Add vegetables to cooking pasta, approximately 3 minutes before the pasta is done.
6. Drain water from pasta and vegetables.
7. Add alfredo sauce and chicken to pasta and vegetables.
To make alfredo sauce:
1. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over low heat.
2. When butter is melted, remove from heat, add light cream and Parmesan cheese.
3. Return to low heat, and stir until all the cheese melts.
Each serving is about 1.5 cups, and makes about 8-10 servings (more or less depending on the amount of veggies added).
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLUE9217.