- Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 230.9
- Total Fat: 9.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 16.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 32.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 5.7 g
Jenny's Road-Running Energy Bars with AlmondsSubmitted by: CURVES_N_CURLS
IntroductionFull of good stuff! Way better than the boxed junk! From SparkPerson 'JENNYNBOYS'! :) Full of good stuff! Way better than the boxed junk! From SparkPerson 'JENNYNBOYS'! :)
3 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup chopped nuts (not peanuts - too oily) *I used chopped, raw almonds for this batch!*
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup sunflower seeds (I used salted for the nutritional information!)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup vanilla soy milk
3/4 cups honey (warm it if it's too thick to mix)
1/4 cup canola oil
2. In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients.
3. Wet your hands and press it into the pan.
4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until looking brown.
5. Don't try to cut it until it's cooled or they'll fall apart. Cut them into 24 bars and stick them in the freezer to pull out as needed.
6. Curves_n_Curls' note: They are just as good straight from the freezer as they are thawed! ;-)
Number of Servings: 24
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CURVES_N_CURLS.