Berry TartletsSubmitted by: OWLETT
IntroductionCute and sweet mini tarts filled with a great berry 'sauce'. Cute and sweet mini tarts filled with a great berry 'sauce'.
White sugar, 4 tbsp
Powdered sugar, 1/2 cup (confectioner's sugar)
White flour, 2 1/2 cups
1 egg white
Margarine, soft, 1/2 cup
Mixed berries, 2 cups (can be frozen)
White sugar, 2 tbsp
Any berry-flavoured jam, 2 tbsp
1. Put 4 tablespoons of white sugar in a big bowl with the 1/2 c margarine. Beat this together until combined, then sift the flour in. Add the egg white, and beat again until mixed. Add powdered sugar, beat.
2. This should form a pie-type crust dough. If it is sticky, add more flour. It should not stick to your hands.
3. In a medium-sized saucepan, put the berries, jam you like, and 2 tablespoons of sugar and heat on low until the jam is melted and the berries are coated in it. If the berries are frozen, this will take a little longer. Do not raise the heat above low.
4. Take the crust mixture and squash it, using your fingers, into the muffin tins individually. The crust should be about 1/4 of a centimeter thick.
5. Put these mini crusts into the oven for 15 minutes until golden around the egdes. It's okay if they get bubbles.
6. Take out of the oven and put the berry sauce into the tartlets. If there's lots of liquid, make sure it doesn't come up too high. Then you can sprinkle each tart with a little bit of white sugar if you like.
7. Place these in the oven for 20 minutes. The liquid should be bubbling, and will thicken to jam-like consistency upon cooling.
Makes 12 tartlets. Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user OWLETT.