Broccoli and Walnut PastaSubmitted by: ANNIELOUX
IntroductionA light pasta dish loaded with broccoli and sprinkled with toasted walnuts and crumbled feta. A light pasta dish loaded with broccoli and sprinkled with toasted walnuts and crumbled feta.
Whole wheat penne, broccoli, walnuts, garlic, crushed red pepper flakes (optional, but highly recommended), olive oil, feta cheese.
2. In a medium pot, bring 5 cups of salted (1 tsp) water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain. Save the cooking water!
3. Over medium-high heat, heat olive oil. Add broccoli and cook until bright green, stirring occasionally.
4. Add crushed or minced garlic and red pepper flakes (if using). Cook until fragrant.
5. Pour in a half-cup of the pasta water. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and cook until tender, about five minutes.
6. Spread chopped walnuts onto aluminum foil and bake for three minutes.
7. Add pasta, walnuts, and feta cheese to broccoli. Toss to mix.
Makes four large servings.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANNIEPOONANNY.