Chickpea CurrySubmitted by: SKAMENTZ
1T sunflower oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1t finely grated ginger root
2T medium curry powder
1x13 oz. can diced tomatos
1t brown sugar
2x13oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
low-fat yogurt, to drizzle
chopped cilantro leaves
2. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add curry powder. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add diced tomatos and brown sugar.
5. Bring mixture to a boil, cover, reduce heat and cook over medium heat for 10 - 12 minutes.
6. Stir in chickpeas and mix well.
7. Cook over medium heat for 3 - 4 minutes.
8. Season and remove from heat.
9. Drizzle with low-fat yogurt and chopped cilantro.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SKAMENTZ.