Fresh Cream of Tomato SoupSubmitted by: BIPOLARPRINCESS
4 cups ripe tomatoes (approximately 5 large tomatoes), peeled, seeded and chopped
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup coarsely chopped celery
1/3 cup coarsely chopped sweet onion
1/2-1 cup light cream
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon fresh basil or fresh dill, chopped (optional)
salt, to taste
freshly ground pepper, to taste
2. Simmer for about 30 minutes (or until the vegetables are soft).
3. Using an immersion blender, puree the vegetable mixture to your preferred smoothness.
4. Add the light cream (1/2 cup or up to 1 cup, to taste and depending on the flavor of the tomatoes).
5. Heat the soup gently over low heat.
6. Before serving, stir in some fresh herbs (if using), and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve the soup hot or chilled.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BIPOLARPRINCESS.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I added 1 medium Anahiem pepper, dill instead of basil, 1/2 c milk and 2oz lower fat cream cheese I found on another recipe instead of cream, 1 c chicken broth, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp ww flour, no added salt, about tsp pepper, about 1 tbsp parmazan cheese, with added dill and cheese on top delish!! - 12/18/10