- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 82.3
- Total Fat: 2.3 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 37.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 1.4 g
Red White and Blue - Berry ParfaitSubmitted by: PKAYKAT
IntroductionSweet / Tart Low Cal Parfait - Serve into pretty parfait glasses, or prepare into sealable containers to take-along on a picnic or to the office for lunch! Only 82.3 cals with 2 grams of fiber!!! Sweet / Tart Low Cal Parfait - Serve into pretty parfait glasses, or prepare into sealable containers to take-along on a picnic or to the office for lunch! Only 82.3 cals with 2 grams of fiber!!!
Kraft Jell-o Brand Sugar Free Raspberry 4 Serving size package
plus 1 packet of plain gelatin (knox)
Dannon, Light & Fit Nonfat Strawberry Yogurt, 6 oz, 1 serving
Blueberries frozen (unsweetened) 2 cup partially thawed or fresh!
Raspberries or strawberries 1.5 cup
*Cool Whip Lite, 16 serving (16 Tbs mixed in 2nd layer of parfait, 16 Tbs for the topping)
If making 'pretty' parfaits in fluted glasses, get these out in advance and make room in the refrigerator for chilling the parfait glasses and a mixing bowl.
1. Partially thaw your blueberries if using frozen, or use fresh!
2. Bring 1 cup of water to a boil.
3. Pour sugar free jello and plain gelatin into a large mixing bowl.
4. Pour boiling water into the mixing bowl and mix with a mixer to dissolve gelatin and whip into a slightly frothy blend.
5. Add partially thawed blueberries.
6. Add 3/4 cup of cold water. (If using fresh blue berries... put 3 ice cubes in your measuring cup when measuring 3/4 cup of water to add to jell-o - to displace the water with ice.)
7. On low, mix the berries into the frothy jell-o.
8. Pour into parfait glasses, using only half of the jello. (chill in fridge)
9. Put 6 oz of raspberry (or strawberry) fat free yogurt into the remaining jello.
10. Mix with the mixer on high.
11. Fold in 16 Tbs of the Lite Cool Whip
12. Place the Mixing bowl in the fridge to chill.
After the parfait glasses become partially firm...
13. Toss 4 or 5 raspberries into each parfait glass - to make a layer of red berries, saving one to garnish each parfait.
14. Spoon the yogurt/jello/cool whip blend into the parfait glasses
15. Top with cool whip,
16. Place one red berry on top to garnish.
17. Chill until you are ready to serve dessert!
Another idea - is to chill into reusable, sealable containers and they are ready to pack in your lunch or take on a picnic! If you do this, chill without the lids, to avoid condensation.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PKAYKAT.