- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 315.3
- Total Fat: 8.4 g
- Cholesterol: 55.2 mg
- Sodium: 79.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.9 g
- Protein: 28.0 g
wild rice w/shitake mushrooms and elk burgerSubmitted by: KITEFLYINGAL
1 cup dried porcini or shiitake mushrooms
2 1/2 cups water, approximately
1 cup wild rice
1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/2 cup sliced carrots
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Salt or natural soy sauce to taste
1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
5-8oz of elk hamburger
2. Wash the wild rice in cold water and place in pot with the mushroom-soaking liquid (minus any sediment) and enough additional cold water to total 2 cups.
3. Add the orange juice, sherry and carrots. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms and continue cooking until rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed.
5. Brown the elk in a dry frying pan and add to rice mixture at the end.
5. Add the chopped parsley and salt or soy sauce to taste. Stir in the finely chopped nuts (black walnuts, pecans or filberts).
serves 3 or 4... calculations are for 3 servings
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KITEFLYINGAL.