- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 444.2
- Total Fat: 18.0 g
- Cholesterol: 70.3 mg
- Sodium: 298.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 43.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.5 g
- Protein: 29.2 g
Delicate French Brown Lamb StewSubmitted by: YNIMER
IntroductionA combination of herbs and beef that will bring back the traditional taste of French Province! A combination of herbs and beef that will bring back the traditional taste of French Province!
*Lamb, Australian, shoulder, arm, trimmed, 4 oz (remove)
Onions, raw, 0.5 cup, chopped (remove)
Garlic, 3 cloves (remove)
Red Potato, 100 grams (remove)
Celery, raw, 0.5 cup, diced (remove)
Carrots, raw, 0.5 cup, chopped (remove)
Red Ripe Tomatoes, 0.5 cup, chopped or sliced (remove)
Mushrooms, fresh, 0.5 cup pieces (remove)
Nutmeg, ground, 1 tsp (remove)
Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp (remove)
Bay Leaf, 1 tsp, crumbled (remove)
Olive Oil, 1 1tsp (remove)
I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, Light Spread (Soft), 1 Tbsp, 1 serving (remove)
Parsley, 1 tbsp (remove
1) in a large pot place your olive oil and butter until heated and add your lamb
2) when golden, remove and keep aside
3) add the onions for a while and then the garlic.
4) when all turns golden, add your spices and bay leaves in order to enrich the aroma and flavors
5) Then, add a cup of water, you will find that the sauce got darker and nicely browned
6) add your vegetables ( cut the potato into cubes)and stir on a high fire for about 5 minutes
7) add your meat and lower the fire and cover the pot.
8) Of course add salt and black pepper
8) In about 15 to 20 minutes, check your meat if tender.
9) garnish with parsley
You can serve this dish with Brown rice or French Bread
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YNIMER.