- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 324.8
- Total Fat: 2.1 g
- Cholesterol: 65.7 mg
- Sodium: 1,709.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 5.2 g
- Protein: 32.7 g
Baked Chinese Mandarin Orange ChickenSubmitted by: MOLLY.K
IntroductionAbsolutely yummy! A family favorite :) Absolutely yummy! A family favorite :)
*1 lb Chicken breast, skinless & bonless
*1 bunch of broccoli, chopped
*4 medium Scallions (green onions), chopped
*1 cup dole mandarin oranges
*1 tbsp ground ginger, approximately
*1 tsp salt, approximately (I prefer Sea Salt)
*3 tsp minced garlic, approximately
*8 oz Panda Express Mandarin Sauce
2. Season chicken breasts with salt & ground ginger & place them in a well greased 9X13 in. baking pan.
3. Evenly spread minced garlic over the chicken breasts.
4. Evenly spread chopped broccoli over chicken (this is important to do before pouring on the sauce).
5. Evenly & generously pour mandarin sauce over chicken & broccoli.
6. Spread mandarin oranges over chicken, etc., as you like.
7. Spread scallions over chicken, etc.
8. cover lightly w/ foil & place in center oven rack for 30 mins.
Makes 4 servings.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MOLLY.K.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I made my own sauce to lower the sodium, but otherwise it was excellent! - 6/7/09
Reply from MOLLY.K (6/7/09)
Oh, do share your sauce! I'd make a homemade mandarin/orange sauce if I knew how... Maybe you could give some ideas? :)
i am going to make this for dinner.. have to look for
the sauce i have everthing but the sauce.. - 6/3/09
Reply from MOLLY.K (6/3/09)
Hope you like it! I know it's a little high in sodium, but the Panda Express sauce is to blame ;)
We get the sauce from Safeway groceries or our Walmart Supercenter. Can't remember which, but thought that might help :)
Let me know what you think!