crunchy turkeySubmitted by: DOSAL1942
Introductiongood use of leftover turkey breast, provides lots of fiber good use of leftover turkey breast, provides lots of fiber
* Butter, unsalted, 1 tbsp
* Broccoli, cooked, 200 grams
* Turkey (light meat, cooked), 300 grams
* *Whole Wheat Flour, 0.15 cup
* Chicken Broth, 1 cup (8 fl oz)
* Half and Half Cream, .15 cup
* Mozzarella Cheese, whole milk, .5 cup, shredded
* Almonds, .5 cup,chopped
* sunflower seed bread, 1 serving
Heat butter till melted, add whole wheat flour and let simmer for about 1 min. Add chicken broth slowly whipping it into the butter mix to assure you have no lumps. Add the Half and Half (can be omitted) and half of the cheese (I used full fat mozarella since that's what I have in the fridge) can be substituted with part skim .... Pour sauce over broccoli and turkey.
Crumble whole rye bread with sunflower seeds and mix with chopped almonds and the rest of the cheese.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DOSAL1942.