Burnt Almond CakeSubmitted by: STANGRSR65
* 1 (1 lb. 2.25-oz.) pkg. pudding-included yellow cake mix
* 1 Â¼ c. water
* Â¼ c. oil
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 3 eggs
* 1 Â¼ c. firmly packed brown sugar
* 1 c. butter
* 2 c. sliced almonds
* 1 c. powdered sugar
2. Bake at 350ÂºF for 30 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine brown sugar and butter; melt over low heat, stirring constantly. Stir in almonds. Spread evenly over cake.
4. Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Cut into squares while still warm. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.
High Altitude (Above 3,500 feet): Add â…“ c. flour to dry cake mix. Bake as directed above.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STANGRSR65.