Chicken Summer RollsSubmitted by: MARZZ3
Chicken Summer Rolls (makes 10 rolls)
2 Cups Chicken, cooked and shredded
1 Cucumber, cut into long slices
2 Scallions, chopped
1/4 Cup Fresh Mint and or Thai Basil, julienned
2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
Kosher or Sea Salt, to taste
10 Boston or Bibb Lettuce Leaves
10 8 1/2 inch Rice Paper Wrappers
Dipping Sauce (makes 1/2 Cup)
1/4 Cup Peanut or Almond Butter
1 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
1 Tbsp Warm Water
2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
1 Tsp Toasted Sesame Oil
1. Place all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Place warm water in a large bowl.
3. Place 2 rice paper wrappers at a time in the warm water and let soak for 20 seconds or until soft.
4. Place on a cutting board or clean surface and blot with a towel or paper towel to remove some of the excess water. Place a piece of lettuce on the bottom two-thirds of the rice paper and 2 tablespoons of the chicken mixture on top.
5. Roll one side of the rice paper over the chicken mixture into a cylinder and then fold in the sides and continue rolling into an â€śegg rollâ€ť shape.
6. Wrap the summer rolls in saran wrap or in an air tight container or serve.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MARZZ3.