Rice Lentil PolouSubmitted by: LADYIRIS313
Introductionfrom Laurel's Kitchen - can be a side dish, or even a main dish. from Laurel's Kitchen - can be a side dish, or even a main dish.
1/2 medium onion
1 tbl olive oil
1 c brown rice (uncooked)
1 tbl tomato paste
2 1/2 c chicken stock (you can also use water or veggie stock, but calories are for chicken stock)
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 c lentils (uncooked)
1 tsp salt
1/4 c raisins (or to taste)
1/4 c pine nuts
1/4 c almonds, chopped
2. Add rice and stir for several minutes.
3. Combine the tomato paste (1 tbl) , stock or water & cinnamon, and add to rice mixture.
4. Bring to a boil, cover tightly, turn heat low and simmer for 30 minutes
5. Preheat oven to 350 f
6. Stir in salt, raisins & nuts. Mixture should still have some water or stock, and if not add 1/4 c water.
7. Place into a greased baking dish or casserole. Cover and bake for 20-30 minutes.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LADYIRIS313.