Steak and mushroom bakeSubmitted by: WLFPACK1
IntroductionTaste of Home recipe Taste of Home recipe
2 lb flank steak, cut into bite size pieces
1 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
3 tbsp flour
1 C chicken broth
1/2 C milk
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper
1/4 tsp paprika
1 tube (12 oz) refrigerated biscuits
2 C prepared rice
2. In large skillet, fry meat; when almost done, add mushrooms.
3. Stir in flour until blended.
4. Gradually add broth and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly (might need to add more milk or broth depending on taste)
5. Remove from heat. Stir in lemon juice and spices
6. Pour into greased 9x13 baking dish. Arrange biscuits over the top (or for crispier biscuits, bake biscuits separately).
7. Bake uncovered at 375* for 15 - 20 minutes or tuntil biscuits are golden.
8. Let stand 5 minutes before serving
9. Serve over rice
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WLFPACK1.