Ground Turkey Stir FrySubmitted by: NHNANA
IntroductionThis is a staple in our household. I use whatever vegetables I have on hand to add to my ground turkey...so every time I make it, it's a new recipe! This is a staple in our household. I use whatever vegetables I have on hand to add to my ground turkey...so every time I make it, it's a new recipe!
1 lb. ground turkey
1 15 oz can of black beans
1 28 oz can Petite Diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can Diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (no salt added)
1 pkg. frozen corn
1/2 fresh zucchini
1 onion, chopped
8 garlic cloves, chopped
1 8 oz. can sliced water chestnuts
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 green pepper, chopped
2. Add ground turkey and cook until the turkey turns brown.
3. Add zucchini, water chestnuts, black beans, and corn.
4. Add the cans of tomatoes.
5. Mix all the ingredients together.
6. Add whatever spices you like....i.e., pepper, Italian seasoning, oregano.
7. Simmer on low 20 minutes or so to let the flavors blend.
8. Serve over pasta or rice.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NHNANA.