4 tablespoons margarine or butter 2 to 4 ounces sharp or extra sharp cheddar cheese, diced thinly or grated 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese 6 to 8 Chicken thighs, skinned 2 to 3 cloves chopped garlic 3/4 cup plain or seasoned bread crumbs
The seasonings in this chicken dish are amazing. The whole dish is full of flavor. Serve with rice or wide noodles.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Sauté garlic in margarine for one minute, then remove pot from flame to prevent burning. In a bowl, mix breadcrumbs and cheeses.
3. Dip chicken pieces in margarine mixture, then coat with breadcrumb mixture. Place in a baking dish (if any garlic margarine mixture is left, pour over the chicken).
4. Place in the oven and bake chicken for approximately 1 hour, then shut off the oven and let it sit in the oven for an additional 15 minutes.
5. Serve with rice or wide noodles that have been mixed with the pan drippings and bits of cheese from the bottom of the dish.
Makes 6 to 8 servings depending on how much chicken used. 1 piece per serving.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MCHERNANDEZ71.
This was so flavorful and crispy. We loved it. I baked it on a cookie cooling rack set over a sheet pan. Next time I would add some black pepper and red pepper flakes. I will make this every time I can get my hands on some tasty chicken thighs. You gotta try this.
These were very good. We used fat free chedder and it didn't melt just crispied. We also spiced it up with a little cayenne and some other spices. Excellent, I'm having the left overs today for lunch. Thanks