Cuban Black BeansSubmitted by: ASYNJA
IntroductionI eat this over rice, but it makes a great tortilla filling too! I eat this over rice, but it makes a great tortilla filling too!
2 (10 ounce) cans black beans or 2 cups cooked black beans
1 medium onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2. Add the garlic and saute a little.
3. Introduce a little of the bean liquid until all previous ingredients are soft.
4. Add the beans with the remaining liquid.
5. Add spices and simmer about 30 minutes.
6. Add the vinegar just before serving.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ASYNJA.