- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 109.0
- Total Fat: 4.0 g
- Cholesterol: 1.3 mg
- Sodium: 153.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
Grandma Luetta's Strawberry Jello SaladSubmitted by: DAKOTATURTLE
IntroductionMy grandmother made this for every holiday. We still make it at our house and the kids, grandkids love it. It can be a dessert or a fresh summer salad. Great for luncheons with tea and summer biscuits. My grandmother made this for every holiday. We still make it at our house and the kids, grandkids love it. It can be a dessert or a fresh summer salad. Great for luncheons with tea and summer biscuits.
1 large pkg of strawberry jello (sugar free) or 2 small boxes
2 cups boiling water
2-3 (1 1/2 C) mashed bananas
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 16 oz pkg frozen strawberries, thawed.
1 8.5 oz can crushed pineapple in own juice, drained.
8 oz fat free sour cream
8 oz fat free cream cheese
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2. Mash the bananas and strawberries adding lemon juice. Add crushed pineapple.
3. Add fruit to jello mix.
4. Pour half of jello mixture into rectangular pyrex dish. Chill until set.
5. Cream softened cream cheese with sour cream. Be sure that the cream cheese is at room temperature so that it will mix well and spread on jello easily.
6. Smooth the cream cheese mixture over set jello. Sprinkle on chopped pecans.
7. Pour remaining jello fruit mix over this.
Chill until set.
8. Chill again until ready to serve, approx. 1 hour.
Cut into 12 squares.
Serve on small plate with mint leaves as garnish if desired.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DAKOTATURTLE.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I made this recipe exactly as indicated and it was out of this world! My family LOVED it! I've not had as hard a time with a new recipe so far to keep myself from eating the whole thing before I even put it on the table! Family already asking for more. Grandma Luetta was some kinda genius! - 11/28/07