Cajun Chicken PastaSubmitted by: CWESNER21
• 6 ounces linguine pasta
• 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
• 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 red bell pepper, sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, sliced
• 1 green onion, chopped
• 1 cup cream (half and half)
• 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Place the chicken and the 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning in a plastic bag. Shake to coat.
In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the chicken in butter or margarine until almost tender (5 to 7 minutes).
Add the red bell pepper, green bell pepper and green onion. Saute and stir for 2 to 3 minutes. Reduce heat.
Add the cream, basil, 1 Tablespoon Cajun seasoning, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper. Heat through. Add the cooked linguine, toss and heat through. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese and serve.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CWESNER21.