- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 66.5
- Total Fat: 6.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 1.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 1.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.8 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
New York Strip Steak with brandy sauceSubmitted by: FORMERHEAVYWGHT
IntroductionThis is the absolute best steak. I serve it summer & winter. It makes for an elegant or casual meal. It's really good in the winter when your grill is snowed in. This is the absolute best steak. I serve it summer & winter. It makes for an elegant or casual meal. It's really good in the winter when your grill is snowed in.
New York Strip Steak - 2 (8 oz)
Fresh ground black pepper to taste
Kosher salt to taste
1 T crushed dried Rosemary
1/4 c brandy
2 T Olive Oil
- Add spices to both sides of steak, patting in well with your fingers. I like lots of pepper, so I make mine look like it's blackened with pepper.
- In a medium skillet add the oilive oil.
- Turn burner on high
- When oil is hot, add the steaks & sear on both sides till they are nicely brown.
- Turn burner down to low & cover skillet with lid
- Cook covered on low until steak is done to your taste (I buy my steaks at Costco & they're pretty thick, we like ours med. to med. well, so I let it cook for 30 minutes - perfect every time)
- Remove steaks from pan onto plate. Cover with lid to keep warm.
- Pour brandy into skillet, turn burner on high & scrape spices & juices & cook until you don't smell the alcohol & juice is consistency of syrup.
- Cut steaks into 2
- Pour sauce over each steak
Enjoy! Makes 4 (4 oz) servings
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FORMERHEAVYWGHT.