- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 113.5
- Total Fat: 2.4 g
- Cholesterol: 30.5 mg
- Sodium: 431.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.0 g
- Protein: 6.2 g
Eggrolls: Stir fry Shrimp FillingSubmitted by: SKINNYSOMEDAY1
1/2 pound shrimp (Cooked or Raw)
1/2 tsp cornstarch
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp rice wine vinager or sherry
1/2 lb bean sprouts (15 oz can, drained)
1/4 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
2 cups celery, sliced thin
2 tablespoons wok oil
1 tablespoon wok oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar or splenda
1 egg placed in a bowl, beaten for egg wash
12 egg roll wrappers
1. Shell and devein shrimp: cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Combine 1/2 tsp cornstarch, 1/4 tsp salt and/or rice wine vinegar or sherry: then add to shrimp and toss to coat.
2. Drain canned sprouts well. Chop mushrooms and celery. Roll celery and sprouts in a clean towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
3. Heat 1 tablespoons wok oil. Add fresh shrimp and stir-fry until pink. Remove from pan and set aside.
4. Heat remaining oil. Add remaining salt, then celery. Stir-fry 2 minutes; sprinkle with sugar.
5. Add mushrooms; stir-fry 1 minute. Add bean sprouts; stir-fry 1 minute more.
6. Return shrimp; stir-fry another minute. Then transfer mixture to a colander; drain and let cool.
Egg Roll filling Directions.
Place 1 egg roll wrapper with 1 corner facing you. Place about 3 tablespoons filling about 2 inches from the corner of the wrapper. Fold bottom corner over filling. Firmly roll the filled wrapper half way up. Moisten the edges of the wrapper with beaten egg or water. Fold the 2 sides over the filled roll and roll the rest of the way up. Press the top corner firmly onto the egg roll to seal it. Repeat for each egg roll.
Place each egg roll seam side down on a lightly sprayed sheet pan, or on a sheet pf parchment paper. Brush each egg roll with egg wash.
Place in a 400 oven for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with dip of your choice.
* For the raw shrimp. substitute cooked shrimp; add in step 6, only to reheat; then sprinkle with 1/2 tsp salt and 1 tsp sherry or rice wine vinegar. (Omit steps 1 and 3)
* For the bean sprouts, substitute 1/2 cup bamboo shoots, shredded; or 1/4 cup carrots, grated.
Makes 12 egg rolls.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SKINNYSOMEDAY1.