- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 189.0
- Total Fat: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 53.1 mg
- Sodium: 117.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
- Protein: 5.6 g
Lemon Merange Pie (chantilly style)Submitted by: JLJ972
IntroductionThis is not exactly a diet recipee but in moderation it is delicious. I bake regularly for friends, family and church occasions and it is always received with great smiling faces who fall in love with the taste. This is not exactly a diet recipee but in moderation it is delicious. I bake regularly for friends, family and church occasions and it is always received with great smiling faces who fall in love with the taste.
6 scotch finger biscuits (crushed)
2 Tblsp margerine (melted)
1 can of skim condensed milk
3 eggs (separated)
1/4 cup lemon juice (fresh or botttled)
3 Tblsp sugar
2. mix melted butter into crushed biscuits then press into base of pie dish
3. place in oven for approximately the time it takes to prepare the filling. (5mins)
4. separate eggs
5. into bowl put condensed milk, egg yolks, and lemon juice. Mix until combined ( should be a quite thick mixture)
6. remove base from the oven and pour in the lemon mixture, then return to the oven ( as for base the oven time is about the same as the prep time of next step)
7. In a mixer beat egg whites until they begin to stiffen then add sugar. Continue beating till soft peaks form and no sugar grains can be felt.
8. remove pie from oven the pile merrange on top. Arrange into soft peaks then return to the oven.
9. remove pie when the tips of the merrange begin to brown slightly ( it doesn't take long so best to keep watch)
serves 8-12 (obviously if you serve 12 the better it will be for your waistline)
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JLJ972.