- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 511.2
- Total Fat: 15.5 g
- Cholesterol: 51.4 mg
- Sodium: 901.0 mg
- Total Carbs: 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.6 g
- Protein: 31.4 g
Grilled Fish Tacos w/ Low Fat Avacado Sauce
IntroductionAs a kid, my family and I would take vacations to San Felipe, Mexico every summer. This was where I developed my love for Mexican food and fish tacos. This particular version is heart healthy. As a kid, my family and I would take vacations to San Felipe, Mexico every summer. This was where I developed my love for Mexican food and fish tacos. This particular version is heart healthy.
2 ripe Haas avocados
2 c plain, non-fat yogurt
3 tbsp fresh lime juice
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Salt & Pepper to taste
1 lb flounder fillets cut 1/2" thick
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
12- 8" 96% fat-free Heart Healthy flour tortillas (Mission brand - soft taco size)
2 c shredded green cabbage
2. Arrange thawed fish in a 2-quart baking dish and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, chili powder, cumin, salt & pepper.
4. Pour over fish turning fish to coat with marinade.
5. Cover & chill for at least 15 minutes.
6. Drain fish and discard any remaining marinade.
7. Stack tortillas and wrap in foil.
8. For a charcoal grill, grill fish & tortillas on the greased rack of an uncovered grill directly over medium coals for 4 to 6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. (For a gas grill, preheat grill and reduce to a medium heat. Place fish and tortilla stack on greased grill rack over heat. Cover and grill as above.)
9. Transfer fish to a cutting board and cut or flake fish into 1" pieces.
10. Pulse the avocado sauce in the food processor to ensure that none of the ingredients have settled.
11. Serve fish in tortillas and top with shredded cabbage followed by the avocado sauce.
Makes 6 servings
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENNA6483.