- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 372.9
- Total Fat: 17.3 g
- Cholesterol: 85.0 mg
- Sodium: 196.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.8 g
- Protein: 30.2 g
Jamie Oliver's Good Old Chilli Con CarneSubmitted by: WAHZOE
IntroductionFrom the Ministry of Food Book From the Ministry of Food Book
2 medium onions
2 cloves of garlic
2 medium carrots
2 sticks of celery
2 red peppers
1 heaped tsp chilli powder
1 heaped tsp ground cumin
1 heaped tsp ground cinnamon
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 * 400g tin chick peas
1 * 400g tin red kidney beans
2 * 400g tin chopped tomatoes
500g minced turkey
1 small bunch fresh coriander
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2. remove seeds from red peppers and roughly chop.
3. Place large pan on medium heat.
4. Add 2 lugs of olive oil and all your chopped vegetables
5. Add chilli powder, cumin and cinnamon with a good pinch of salt and pepper. Stir every 30 seconds for around 7 minutes until softened and lightly coloured.
6. Add drained chick peas, drained kidney beas and tinned tomatoes.
7. Add minced turkey, breaking up any larger chunks with spatula.
8. Fill one of the empty tomato tins wiht water and pour into the pan.
9. Pick the coriander leaves and place them in the fridge for later.
10. Finely chop the washed stalks and stir into the pan.
11. Add the balsamic vinegar and season wiht salt and pepper.
12. Bring to the boil and turn down the heat to a simmer with the lid slightly askew for abotu an hour, stirring every now and again to stop it catching.
SERVE with fluffy rice, natural yoghurt, guacamole and lime wedges.
OR serve over jacket potatoes.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user WAHZOE.