- Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 29.5
- Total Fat: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 49.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 5.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
Chocolate Chip Cookies (Using Stevia, Banana, Appelsauce)Submitted by: AFRICAPARISH
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
• 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 egg (or two egg whites)
• 1/2 teaspoon white stevia powder
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 1 cup salted butter, softened (or applesauce)
• 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips (or carob)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet (or line with parchment paper) & set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl sift together the flour, salt & baking powder.
3. Place the egg, stevia & vanilla in a large mixing bowl & beat well with a wooden spoon or hand-held electric mixer. Slowly add the butter, continuing to beat until the mixture is smooth & creamy.
4. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well with a wooden spoon after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Drop heaping teaspoons of batter onto the cookie sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake 20-25 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
Number of Servings: 48
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user AFRICAPARISH.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
hello being as i am diabetic and have tolerance issues with artificial sweeteners i am grateful for this recipe, i used unsweetened applesauce for this, added cinnamon, cut amount of dark chocolate chips in half and used chopped pecans in it's place. quite tasty. only issue i had is it's very chewy. - 5/11/13
Hi, I have not tried to make these yet but I notice in the title it mentions a banana. Please tell me when I should add it as it is not in the ingredients or directions. Thank you - 10/22/12
Reply from AFRICAPARISH (10/22/12)
You can replace part of the applesauce with mashed banana - a different fruit to use in place of the fat depending on taste preference.