- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 85.3
- Total Fat: 0.9 g
- Cholesterol: 0.1 mg
- Sodium: 14.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 2.9 g
Gluten Free Applesauce Oatmeal MuffinsSubmitted by: FITFORLIFE22
IntroductionGluten-free ooey gooey goodness! Gluten-free ooey gooey goodness!
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/3 cup nonfat milk
1 cup GF flour
1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
2 egg whites
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
2. Drain water and add milk to bowl.
3. Add applesauce and egg whites to bowl also.
4. In another bowl, whisk together flour, xanthan gum, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
5. Once dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed, add them to wet ingredients and stir to combine them. DO NOT OVER MIX THE BATTER!
6. Spray 12-muffin pan with cooking spray and pour even amounts of muffin batter into each muffin slot.
7. Cook at 400 degrees for 20 minutes...may need less or more time depending on oven.
8. Once lightly brown, remove carefully from muffin tin with a knife.
9. Let cool for 15 minutes before eating :)
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FITFORLIFE22.