- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 376.0
- Total Fat: 18.9 g
- Cholesterol: 105.5 mg
- Sodium: 560.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5 g
- Protein: 25.5 g
Chicken Fettuccine AlfredoSubmitted by: STARVINGCOOK
IntroductionHomemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with less sodium and calories than the restaurant versions. Homemade Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo with less sodium and calories than the restaurant versions.
* 16 oz Fettuccine Pasta, cooked,
* 6 tbsp Butter, unsalted,
* 1 to 2 stalks of Green onions
* 1 cup Milk 2%,
* 1 cup Parmesan Cheese, grated,
* 1/2 tsp Salt,
* 1/4 tsp Black pepper
* 1 tsp Minced Garlic
* 1 cup Mushrooms, fresh
* 12 ounces Chicken Breast, no skin,
2. Dice the green onion, chicken and mushrooms. Grate the Parmesan cheese and set aside.
3. In a sauce pan, melt the butter with medium high heat. Add green onions and mushrooms to the pan & saute. Add the chicken and cook until brown. Add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the 1 cup of 2% milk to the sauce pan and cook for 4-6 minutes until the sauce reduces.
5. Strain & rinse the cooked pasta and transfer to a large pot.
6. Add contents of sauce pan (chicken butter milk sauce) into the large pot with the pasta.
7. Slowly add the grated Parmesan Cheese and cook on medium heat until all of the cheese is melted.
*This recipe yields 6 servings.
Video link to cooking demo: coming soon!
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STARVINGCOOK.