Banana Fruit BreadSubmitted by: SKODAGAL
IntroductionGood as part of a breakfast or as a snack. Good as part of a breakfast or as a snack.
1 3/4 cups whole-wheat flour
1/3 cup bran
3 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup walnut crumbs
6 dried apricot halves, diced
8 dried dates, chopped
1 large egg beaten
1 ripe banana mashed
1/2 cup low fat milk
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 Tsp vanilla extract
2. Combine first eight ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
3. Whisk egg, banana, milk, applesauce and vanilla extract in second bowl.
4. Mix wet and dry ingredients until just combined. Spoon into loaf pan.
5. Bake for 50 minutes to one hour, or until a toothpick inserted in centre comes out clean.
6. Cool for ten minutes before removing from pan.
7. Cool to room temperature on cooling rack.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SKODAGAL.