California Roll SushiSubmitted by: STARVINGCOOK
IntroductionDelicious and fresh, this California roll will delight your senses. This is the perfect sushi to begin with for those who haven't tried sushi, yet. This makes about 2 servings worth of sushi. One roll can be cut 6 to 8 pieces depending on the cut of Delicious and fresh, this California roll will delight your senses. This is the perfect sushi to begin with for those who haven't tried sushi, yet. This makes about 2 servings worth of sushi. One roll can be cut 6 to 8 pieces depending on the cut of
*White Rice, medium grain, 1.5 cup
* Cucumber (with peel), 28 grams
*Avocados, California (Haas), 30 grams
*Crab Supreme, imitation crab meat, 0.5 cup
*rice vinegar, 2.5 serving
*Sushi Chef Mirin, .5 tbsp
*Granulated Sugar, 4.5 tsp
Sushi Nori, Raw Untoasted, 1 sheet, 1 serving
2. In a sauce pan on low heat combine rice vinegar, sugar and mirin together. Cook until the sugar dissolves. Once cooked, place aside later to mix with the rice.
3. Julienne (cut into strips) the cucumber, imitation crab and avocado.
4. Combine rice and vinegar mixture, make sure the rice is moist and not too wet.
5. Using a sushi mat, place nori (seaweed) on the mat. Cover 4/5 of the nori with rice, leaving some space on the top.
6. Add the crab, cucumber and avocado in a small strip across the bottom of the nori with rice.
7. Slowly roll the sushi tightly and seal the edges with water.
8. Cut the roll with a sharp knife, 6-8 pieces depending on how large the slices.
9. Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and ginger.
*This recipe makes 2 servings, a serving is 3-4 sushi rolls.
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STARVINGCOOK.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
I made this as a surprise for my husband last night, as he LOVES sushi, but we live in a small town where you can't find any unless you drive at least 45 mins away... He loved this recipe - my only problem was the measurements! I mean, it's kinda hard to figure out how much '30 grams' is & such :S - 9/28/11
I made this with my daughter, it was fun to make! It tasted pretty good, as long as you eat them right away. I need more practice rolling them up though! Did not store well for me. I put them in the refrigerator over night, for lunch, and the rice was so dry and everything crumbled out of the nori. - 3/3/10