Linguine w/Red Clam SauceSubmitted by: MISSYXOXO123
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp extra light olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 cans minced clams (15oz total)
1 15oz can diced tomatoes
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp sea salt (or less, depending on preference!)
1 lb wheat linguine
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1. Heat butter and olive oil in small skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and saute until golden brown (about 3 minutes total)
2. Add parsley, pregano, basil, salt, and tomatoes. Bring to a light simmer
3. Add the undrained clams and red pepper flakes
4. Cover, and let simmer on low for about 20 minutes to allow the flavors to extract.
5. Cook the pasta according to the package directions. The amount of pasta depends on how thick you like it to be, and how many your serving.
6. In a large bowl, combine the sauce and pasta and toss well.
You can add tomato sauce to thicken, or lower the salt to 1/2 tsp, since salt is usually a preference! This has a little kick with the red pepper flakes, but has great flavor! Add a bottle of wine and some garlic bread for a romantic dinner for two.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MISSYXOXO123.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
as i was reading this recipe it says 14 tsp of dried oragano...really and 1/2 fresh parsley even with these mistakes i have adjusted them to suite our taste and my hubby loves this recpe he requested it for dinner again tonight.... - 5/27/09
Reply from MISSYXOXO123 (7/1/09)
Thanks for the feedback! The recipe calls for 1/4 tsp, it was just missing the dash, it has been added now for clarification. I also added the "cup" to the parsley for more clarification. :)