Turkey Meatball SubSubmitted by: BREEHARDY
IntroductionCook the meatballs the day before to save time. Just heat them up the in the pasta sauce when you want to eat them! Cook the meatballs the day before to save time. Just heat them up the in the pasta sauce when you want to eat them!
1 package of lean ground turkey
2 egg whites
1/2 cup dry italian breadcrumbs
1/4 cup water
1/2 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 1/2 cups low-fat marinara pasta sauce
1 1/2 cups 2% mozarella cheese
6 whole wheat hot dog buns
2) In a large mixig bowl, combine turkey, egg whites, breadcrumbs, water, onion, garlic, parsley, basil and black pepper. Mix ingredients throughly and then shape into 1 1/2 inch diameter meatballs.
3) Arrange meatbllas on a baking sheet and place under broiler for 10-12 minutes, turning occasionally until they are browned on all sides.
4) In a large saucepan, combine pasta sauce and meatballs. Simmer over low heat until warmed throughly, about 20 minutes.
5) White the pasta sauce is simmering, prepare toast the hotdog buns.
6) Place a portion of meatballs and sauce on each bun, then top with cheese. Heat in broiler until cheese melts and it slightly browned.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BREEHARDY.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Very Yummy! I am sure I will make this again. Thanks for sharing. My only problem was that the meatballs stuck to the broiler pan and made the turning process a bit difficult. - 3/16/10
Reply from BREEHARDY (3/16/10)
Non-stick foil is the key!