Rock and Roll Chicken SauceSubmitted by: NOGIRLSOSWEET
IntroductionA sweet and sour sauce to pour over chicken. Not exactly low calorie, but it's delicious with the chicken and a salad! A sweet and sour sauce to pour over chicken. Not exactly low calorie, but it's delicious with the chicken and a salad!
- 4 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce.
- 4 1/2 tablespoons water.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar - half brown and half white sugar works best.
- 3/4 cup vinegar.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Garlic powder (optional) to taste.
- Curry powder also adds a nice touch if desired.
To coat chicken:
- 1/2 cup flour.
- 1 large egg.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- Place the coated chicken pieces in a roaster.
To make sauce:
- Combine all ingredients: soy sauce, water, sugars, white vinegar, salt, and garlic powder - and heat in microwave for one minute or until the sugar is mostly dissolved.
- Pour over chicken in the roaster.
- Bake uncovered until chicken is cooked through - depends on the pieces used.
This sauce makes enough to cover the legs, wings, and other "dark" pieces of one chicken - at least 6 servings.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NOGIRLSOSWEET.