- Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 186.5
- Total Fat: 6.2 g
- Cholesterol: 10.8 mg
- Sodium: 105.3 mg
- Total Carbs: 16.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 1.5 g
Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cake (Cake Balls)Submitted by: JENSEN04
IntroductionCake Truffles! Cake Truffles!
1/4 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
2 tbl Powdered Sugar
2 tbl Butter, Softened
2 tbl Hot Water
1 cup Peanut Butter Chips
1 tbl Vegetable Oil
1 (18.25oz) package White Cake Mix
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/4 cups Water
1/2 cup Butter, softened
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
3 tbl Milk, or as needed
2 cups Powdered Sugar
For Cake Balls:
1 pkg Chocolate Bark
2. In a small bowl, stir together cocoa, powdered sugar, butter, and 2 tablespoons hot water until smooth; set aside.
3. In microwavable bowl, place peanut butter chips and vegetable oil. Microwave for 1 minute, or until smooth.
4. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, brown sugar, 1 1/4 cups water, eggs, and melted peanut butter mixture. Beat on low speed until moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Remove 1 1/2 cups of the batter and add it to the reserved cocoa mixture; blend.
5. Pour the peanut butter flavored batter into 9x13 pan. Drop spoonfuls of the chocolate batter on top. Swirl with a knife for a marbled effect.
6. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Cool
To make Frosting:
Place butter and peanut butter into medium bowl; beat with a mixer. Gradually mix in the powdered sugar. When it starts to get thick, add milk 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture is thick and spreadable. Beat for 3 minutes until good and fluffy.
To make into cake balls:
1. Once cake is cooled, crumble into a large bowl. Stir in frosting of choice (chocolate or peanut butter frosting are good with this cake).
2. Refridgerate for 1/2 an hour.
3. Remove from refridgerator and shape into small balls the size of ping pongs.
4. Freeze balls for 2 hours.
5. Melt almond bark.
6. Dip balls in almond bark and place on a wax sheet of paper.
7. Decorate with colored frosting or sprinkles.
Yields about 60 Cake Balls
(Nutrition information includes almond bark. Nutrition information does NOT include frosting.)
Number of Servings: 60
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JENSEN04.