(Patties) Millet BurgersSubmitted by: RYEAXL1
* Millet, 200 grams (remove)
* Sesame Oil, 2 1tsp (remove)
* Ginger Root, 10 grams (remove)
* Water, tap, 3 cup (8 fl oz) (remove)
* Salt, 1 dash (remove)
* Beets, fresh, 50 grams (remove)
* Onions, raw, 80 grams (remove)
* Celery, raw, 50 grams (remove)
* Parsley, 2 tbsp (remove)
* Yellow Cornmeal, 60 grams (remove)
Heat a small amount of sesame oil in a saucepan and saute the ginger for 2-3 minutes with a sprinkling of salt.
Add the millet and saute until well-coated with oil and it gives off a nutty fragrance.
Add boiling water, season lightly with salt and reduce heat to low.
Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
Add veggies, re-cover and simmer for about 5 more minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in corn meal.
Allow the mixture to stand for 10-15 minutes before forming burgers.
Shape millet mixture into thick patties.
Heat enough sesame oil in a skillet to pan-fry the burgers.
You will need to make the oil about 1/8-inch deep to fry evenly.
Fry until golden, about 3 minutes each side.
Remove from the skillet and drain on paper.
Serve as you would any conventional burger.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user RYEAXL1.