Greek BurgersSubmitted by: ALEIGH8117
IntroductionThese are amazingly yummy!! Great on a summer day! Very refreshing and crisp! These are amazingly yummy!! Great on a summer day! Very refreshing and crisp!
1 package of Jenny-O Extra Lean Ground Turkey (1.25lbs)
3 TBS Olive Oil
2 C Fresh Spinach, chopped
1 Shallot, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 C Feta Cheese Crumbled
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 c fat free plain greek yogurt
Juice from 1/2 lemon
1 tbs olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 1/2 tbs chopped fresh dill
1 1/2 tbs chopped fresh oregano
Salt and pepper to taste.
2. Heat olive oil in a frying pan and add chopped shallot and garlic and sweat it out. Add spinach when shallots are softened. Cook until reduced.
3. Once spinach is reduced and wilted, remove from heat and gently fold feta cheese into mixture.
4. Divide mixture into 4 parts and place in the center of 4 of the patties. Place another patty on top of this (like a sandwich) and pinch the sides. This will create 4 stuffed burgers.
5. Once grill is prepared, place the burgers on the grill and cook for 5 minutes per side.
6. To make sauce combine all ingredients in bowl and whip together. Let sit in the fridge for at least 5 minutes before serving.
Top with Greek Sauce and place on a toasted kaiser bun. ***NOTE*** The nutritional information does not have the bun figured into it. Just the burgers and sauce.****
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ALEIGH8117.