Veggie English PizzaSubmitted by: STARVINGCOOK
IntroductionThis is a simple low calorie dish that you can make quickly to satisfy the late night munchies or can even be a meal during the day. This is a simple low calorie dish that you can make quickly to satisfy the late night munchies or can even be a meal during the day.
* Ragu Pizza Sauce Homemade Style, 1/4 cup
* Thomas' Better Start 100cal English Muffin, 2 muffins
* Mozzarella Cheese, part skim milk, 1/4 cup
* Baby Spinach, fresh, 1 cup
* Mushrooms, fresh, 1 cup, pieces or slices
* Red Bell Peppers 1/2 cup, chopped
1. Saute mushrooms and red bell peppers in a pan with Pam Olive oil cooking spray for 2-3 mins on medium heat heat. Then add spinach and saute for 1-2 mins until all ingredients are fully cooked. Place in a small bowl when cooked.
2. Place English muffins and toast both in a toaster.
3. Spread about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on each toasted English muffin and top with mozzarella cheese.
4. Place the English muffins in the microwave for 40 seconds or until the cheese has melted. 2 pizzas at a time in the microwave.
5. Finally add the cooked toppings (mushroom, peppers, spinach) on top of the melted cheese pizzas. Distribute toppings evenly to each and enjoy your pizzas!
*This makes 2 servings, 2 pizzas = 1 serving (1 muffin)
Number of Servings: 2
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user STARVINGCOOK.