Wheat Berry SaladSubmitted by: PRUSIA
IntroductionI love this salad as a side dish or light lunch. I never knew how to cook wheat berries before. They can usually be found at your local health food store. I love this salad as a side dish or light lunch. I never knew how to cook wheat berries before. They can usually be found at your local health food store.
* Broccoli, fresh, 1 cup, chopped
* Julienne-Cut Carrots, 3 oz
* Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), 1 cup
* Cauliflower, raw, 1 cup chopped
* Peppers, sweet, red, raw, Chopped
* Snap peas, 1 cup cut into 1/2 inch pieces
* Scallions, raw, 1 cup, chopped
* Olive Oil, 3 tbsp
* Cider Vinegar, .5 cup
* Basil leaves chopped
* Cilantro, raw, 2 tbsp Chopped
* Tomato, grape 6 oz halved
* Sake, 3 fl oz
* Salt, 1 tbsp
* Pepper, black, 1 tsp
* Lemon Juice, 3 fl oz
* Whole wheat berries,3 cups cooked
Combine liquid ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add Basil, Cilantro, salt, and pepper. Pulse until herbs are chopped fine and dressing is well combined.
Chop the vegetables to bite sized pieces, no more than 1/2 inch square.
Add vegetables to cooked wheat, pour dressing over and mix until coated. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PRUSIA.