WW Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
IntroductionThis is from the WW Desserts cookbook. Sounds like a hassle to make - but it isn't. AND they are worth the effort. This is from the WW Desserts cookbook. Sounds like a hassle to make - but it isn't. AND they are worth the effort.
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
3 TBSP unsalted butter
2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 large egg
2 egg whites
3/4 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat ove to 350. Line 8" sq baking pan with foil - allowing foil to extend over the rim by 2". Spray with nonstick spray.
2. Wisk together the flour, bakikng powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in cocoa and vanilla. Let stand 5 minutes.
4. Add the granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg & egg whites to the cocoa mixture; whisk until blended. Stir in flour until blended. Stir in Walnuts.
5. Scrape the baatter into the baking pan - spreading evenly.
6. Bake about 20-25 minutes. A toothpick inserted in center should come out with moist crumbs clinging.
7. Let cool completely in the pan on a rack then lift from the pan using the foil as handles.
Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!!
NOTE: For easier cutting - refregerate the cooled brownies for about an hour.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NEENEE_BEANZ.