WW Toffee-Apple BlondiesSubmitted by: NEENEE_BEANZ
IntroductionThese are really good - they come from the WW Dessert cookbook.... These are really good - they come from the WW Dessert cookbook....
3 TBSP Unsalted Butter
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 egg whites
2 TBSP dark corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 small apple - Granny apple - peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
4 TBSP Toffee Bits (I use sugar free)
2 TBSP finely chopped pecans
1. Preheat ove to 350. Line 8" sq baking pan with foil - allowing foil to extend over the rim by 2". Spray with nonstick spray.
2. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Continue to cook, swirling the pan occasionally until butter turns nut bnrown. Remove from heat and pour into a large bowl to let cool slightly
3. Whisk together the flours, bakikng powder and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Stir the brown sugar into the melted butter until combined. Add the egg whites, corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until blended. Stir in the flour mixture. Stir in the apples and 3 tablespoons of toffee bits.
5. Scrape the batter into the baking pan - spreading evenly. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 Tbsp of toffee bits and the pecans.
6. Bake about 20-25 minutes. A toothpick inserted in center should come out clean.
7. Let cool completely in the pan on a rack. Cover pan and refrigerate about 1 hour (easier to cut). Lift from the pan using the foil as handles.
Cut into 16 squares and enjoy!!
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user NEENEE_BEANZ.