Peanut Butter Protein BarsSubmitted by: K2THEDUB
IntroductionPeanut Butter and Protein Bars Peanut Butter and Protein Bars
1/2 cup skim milk
1 cup natural-style peanut butter or low-fat peanut butter
1 tablespoon honey
1 1/4-1 1/2 cups of whey protein powder (I use vanilla, but I'm sure chocolate would work too)
2 cups dry uncooked oatmeal (not quick cooking kind)
2. Warm over low heat.
3. Add the protein powder and mix well.
4. Add the oats. You don't want to cook it, just warm it through so you can stir it.
5. Add more milk if it is too thick to stir.
6. Press in a 9" x 13" pan.
7. Let the bars sit until cool, and cut into 16 equal sized bars.
8. Wrap each bar in foil or Saran wrap and store in plastic baggies. They do not need refrigeration.
Makes 16 bars
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user K2THEDUB.