Huevos RancherosSubmitted by: ONEFOOD
IntroductionI know this seems high in calories but it will provide you with a big, complete breakfast that will keep you full for a long time. I put in the brands that I often use, because I know the nutritional info is right, but feel free to use whatever you like. I know this seems high in calories but it will provide you with a big, complete breakfast that will keep you full for a long time. I put in the brands that I often use, because I know the nutritional info is right, but feel free to use whatever you like.
- 2 small-ish corn tortillas (you can also use flour tortillas, you can also add a 3rd tortilla as a layer between the beans and avocado if you want, adjust calories accordingly)
- 1/2 an avocado, mashed in it's own shell
- 1/4 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/3 of a can of refried beans (the healthiest you can find)
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 egg (you can put 2 side by side if you want to make this and cut it in half for 2 people - the nutritional info only includes 1 - this would probably work better with flour tortillas because they tend to be a bit bigger and are easier to cut)
Pour some water into the hot pan you were using to toast the tortillas and poach an egg. Place the poached egg on top of the second tortilla and then cover it with salsa followed by some shredded cheddar cheese (I use low fat).
Bake in the oven at 350 for 5 minutes and enjoy!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ONEFOOD.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Allegedly I'm supposed to be eating 2900 - 3500 calories a day according to this site. I manually dropped it down to 2000- 2500, but often JUST make the cut. This recipe will definitely help me boost my caloric intake and protein levels (and eat breakfast for a change) THANK YOU! - 3/20/09
too many calories for one meal. - 3/11/09
Reply from ONEFOOD (3/11/09)
Like I said, if you can't fit it in or you have a smaller appetite you can put an egg side by side and cut it in half for 2 people.