- Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 221.6
- Total Fat: 12.0 g
- Cholesterol: 147.9 mg
- Sodium: 723.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 8.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.7 g
- Protein: 19.4 g
Ham, Mushroom, & Onion Crustless QuicheSubmitted by: ROCKNROLLFUN
IntroductionA delicious alternative to Quiche Lorraine A delicious alternative to Quiche Lorraine
3 beaten eggs
1 package canadian bacon
1.5 cups nonfat milk
1 cup mushrooms chopped
1 cup onion chopped
1 cup shredded good cheddar cheese
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
salt & pepper to taste
2. In a large skillet cook the onions, mushrooms, and Canadian bacon until the onions are soft but not brown.
3. In a medium mixing bowl stir together eggs, milk, salt, & nutmeg.
4. Stir in bacon, mushrooms, & onions.
5. Toss the cheese in the all-purpose flour in a separate bowl.
6. Add the cheese to the egg mixture; mix well.
7. Pour into a glass baking dish; dish should be about the size of a pastry shell, preferably round (to avoid dry corners).
8. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let quiche stand for about 10 minutes to set after removing from the oven.
This quiche is a tasty and healthier version of Quiche Lorraine; by using Canadian bacon, nonfat milk, and baking without a crust, you save about 200 calories per slice!
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ROCKNROLLFUN.