three bean veggie burgerSubmitted by: CARINLEE1
IntroductionMade up this reciept myself and is loaded with good protien and Vitamin A. Make these up ahead, wrap in wax paper and foil and freeze for later. UMMMMM Made up this reciept myself and is loaded with good protien and Vitamin A. Make these up ahead, wrap in wax paper and foil and freeze for later. UMMMMM
1/2 tsp corriander
1/2 tsp cummin
1/4 tsp fresh greek(or regular) oregano
1 Tbls fresh basil
1Tbls fresh rosemary
1/4 tsp dried red pepper (more if you like spicy)
1 Tbls fresh thyme
1/2 c chopped walnuts
2 c fresh spinach
1 sm green pepper chopped
1 med onion
2 cloves garlic
2 large eggs slightly beaten
1 c Italian bread crumbs
1 c raw carrot shredded
2. Process all herbs, onion, green pepper, red pepper, walnunts and spinach in large food processor
3. Add herb mixture to beans
4. Add carrots, bread crumbs and eggs to mixture.
5. Shape into balls and then patties.
6. Heat Olive oil in non-stick pan and heat til a drop of water sizzels in pan.
7. cook patties for about 5-7 mins on each size til browned.
Serve hot alone or on Whole wheat hamberger buns with a slice of tomatoe. Can also add a slice of white or yellow cheese while cooking.
Number of Servings: 10
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CARINLEE1.