Chicken Noodle SoupSubmitted by: SWIXON1
IntroductionThis easy low-fat and low calorie nutritionally packed chicken noodle soup will warm your stomach any time of year. Eat it will a piece of crusty bread. This easy low-fat and low calorie nutritionally packed chicken noodle soup will warm your stomach any time of year. Eat it will a piece of crusty bread.
- 1 lb. (appx. 2 skinless boneless chicken breast), cut into bite-sized chunks
- 8 oz. barilla farfalle (bowtie noodles)
- Pam butter flavored cooking spray
- 1 large onion, chopped small (appx. 1.5 cups)
- 1 lb. carrots chopped or sliced
- 5 or 6 celery stalks chopped small
- 1 tbsp. sweet basil
- 1 tbsp. dried thyme (not ground)
- 8 cups Fit & Active Fat Free/Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 dash of black pepper
- Saute chicken breast pieces in soup pot over medium high heat until all sides turn white.
- Remove chicken from pan and place to the side.
- Spray bottom of same soup pot with Pam.
- Add carrots, onion and celery to pot. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add thyme and basil to cooked vegetables. Saute for an additional minute.
- Add cooked chicken, chicken broth, farfalle (bowtie pasta) and black pepper to pot.
- Bring to just a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for an hour. Do not boil soup or the chicken will be tough and noodles will fall apart.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SWIXON1.