KoftasSubmitted by: PIRATEPIP
IntroductionTaken from Vegetarian Nosh 4 Students
By Joy May Taken from Vegetarian Nosh 4 Students
By Joy May
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 onion (chopped)
1 carrot (chopped)
1 stick celery (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 de-seeded chilli (chopped)
2 tsp curry paste
2/3 mug red lentils
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 1/2 mug water
1 vegetable stock cube
1 small egg (beaten)
2) Add the water, stock cube, curry paste, lentils and puree. Bring to the boil
3) Simmer for 20 minutes. Make sure that the water does not run dry. After 20 minutes the mixture should look like a paste.
4) Add the bread crumbs, egg and seasoning if you wish to the mixture. Stir well and leave to cool for half an hour.
5) Preheat the oven to 160 ºC /320 ºF/ Gas Mark 4
6) Grease a baking tray and shape the mixture into balls. It should make about 20.
7) Cook for 15-20 minutes.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PIRATEPIP.